Miley Cyrus Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miley Cyrus: in her fathers eyes

Go down

Miley Cyrus: in her fathers eyes Empty Miley Cyrus: in her fathers eyes

Post  princessmileylover101 Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi. i read this at the newspaper :
Miley Cyrus, in her father’s eyes

By Ruben V. Nepales
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 20:19:00 07/10/2009

Filed Under: Family, Television, Music, Entertainment (general)

LOS ANGELES—Although Billy Ray Cyrus continues to have his own successful career as a singer and actor, he doesn’t mind it when he is now sometimes referred to as the dad of Miley Cyrus.

At red carpet events, Billy Ray and Miley pose together, and then he graciously steps aside to let photographers take solo shots of his daughter. In this interview, he didn’t mind at all answering questions mostly about Miley. In fact, he sounded proud and inspired just talking—and at one point, singing—about his 16-year-old progeny. They both appear in the film version of their hit TV series, “Hannah Montana.” Excerpts:

When did you realize that Miley was going to be an entertainer like you? How old was she?

Carl Perkins, who wrote “Blue Suede Shoes,” and I were singing “Amazing Grace” at a benefit tribute to Elvis Presley at The Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee. Then, Miley broke away from her nanny. She was about 2 years old. She got up onstage and she went for the mike. A singer from The Jordanaires reached out and picked her up. Then, she got passed to The Sweet Inspirations, then to Tony Bennett. She never missed a lick. At the end of the song, Carl said, “You have something really special here.” That was the moment I knew.

When did she decide to become an actress, as well?

It was when I was making the TV series, “Doc,” in Toronto. We watched “Mamma Mia!” in a big theater there. During the show, Miley said, “I want to be that—I want to be a great actress!”

The next day, she and her mom started looking for acting coaches. I never saw a person that young dedicate herself to a dream. Then, she started doing guest spots in “Doc.”

Vision

Why did you name her Destiny Hope?

Even before she was born, I had a vision that she had a purpose in the world—and that it was her destiny to bring hope to the world. So, her name became Destiny Hope. I look back now and go, “That premonition was pretty much on the money!”

How did she get named Miley?

From the first time I saw her as a baby, she was always smiling. I started calling her Smiley. Then, when I started talking baby slang, I drop the S and said, “Oh, she’s Miley—look at Miley.” She has now changed her name legally to Miley Ray. I kind of wish she hadn’t changed her name. She wanted to do it. I don’t know if you know, but my dad—her grandfather, passed away recently. She loved him a lot. His name was Ronald Ray Cyrus. And, obviously, I’m Billy Ray. Miley wanted to change her name to Miley Ray.

Now that Miley is starting to make her own decisions, how do you feel about that as a father?

Life is a matter of choices. You make some good and bad ones. When stuff happens, you adjust. My mom and dad got divorced when I was 5 years old. I remember, by the time I was about 8, I asked my Dad, “Why is everything all messed up?” He replied, “Son, the moment you realize that life ain’t fair, then you’ll be ready to go to the next step.” A whole lot of that is who I am now. Some of it has rubbed off on Miley. Sometimes, you get knocked down. But, it does no good to lie in the road and cry about it. You’ll get run over. So, I learned to get up. Miley is pretty strong, too. She’s a fighter.

Are you scared to see that she’s almost a woman now?

She is a woman. I look back at the moment when I wrote a song about Miley, “Ready Set Don’t Go.”

Lyrics

I wrote it when she and her mother left Memphis for California. I knew something big was about to happen. I saw my guitar, I picked it up and started singing—the lyrics just came (he sang): “She’s gotta do what she’s gotta do/And I’ve gotta like it or not/She’s got dreams too big for this town/And she needs to give ’em a shot/Whatever they are/Looks like she’s all ready to leave/Nothing left to pack/Ain’t no room for me in that car/Even if she asked me to tag along/God, I gotta be strong.”

“She’s at the startin’ line of the rest of her life/As ready as she’s ever been/Got the hunger and the stars in her eyes/The prize is hers to win/She’s waitin’ on my blessings/Before she hits that open road/But baby get ready, get set, don’t go.”

Now that there are boys in Miley’s life, how strict are you with her? Do you have a shotgun ready, so to speak?

Luckily, I left all my guns in Tennessee (laughter). That was a joke. See, that’s why I didn’t go into comedy. I just stand by and watch. If I sense danger, I step in. She’s still somewhat a kid but definitely leaning toward becoming an adult. She has earned my respect as a human being. She has a fair amount of common sense, probably a lot more than what I was blessed with. For the most part, she makes good choices.
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view/20090710-214867/Miley-Cyrus-in-her-fathers-eyes
princessmileylover101
princessmileylover101
Just Having Fun
Just Having Fun

Back to top Go down